The Top Ten Reasons To Buy Flood Insurance Now:
- Buy now because there's a 30-day waiting period before coverage begins.
- Flood insurance compensates you for all covered flood-related losses to your home or business after your deductible is met.
- Coverage is relatively inexpensive (compared to what you would have to pay to fix your home).
- You can depend on being reimbursed for flood damages because
The National Flood Insurance Program
flood insurance is backed by the federal government, even if the President does not declare a federal disaster.
- You do not have to repay flood insurance benefits.
- You become eligible for additional benefits to elevate, strengthen or move your building.
- Renters can purchase flood insurance contents coverage for their personal belongings or business inventory.
- Basement coverage includes cleanup expense and items such as furnaces, water heaters, washers, dryers, air conditioners, freezers, utility connections, and pumps.
- You can request a partial payment immediately after the flood, which can help you recover even faster.
- Buying flood insurance is the best thing you can do to protect your home and business, and your family's financial security from a flood.
Food and water safety after a flood