Simple tips on how have inexpensive fun with your kids
Being on a budget is never fun. But don't let your budget get in the way of having fun with your children. Use the tips below to have fun with your children for little or no money
- Donate stuff to charity.
- Compete in a three-legged or other race.
- Create an obstacle course.
- Pitch a tent and sleep outside with marshmallows.
- Roast marshmallows.
- Play loud music and dance crazy.
- Write and produce a play (to perform before other family members).
- Explore your yard and look for insects.
- Go for a walk and explore the neighborhood.
- Go jogging.
- Take pictures of nature.
- Make hot cocoa.
- Play house.
- Decorate the house with decorations you make.
- Do shadow puppets.
- Make a comic book.
- Play in the rain.
- Make mud pies.
- Blow bubbles.
- Take turns saying tongue twisters.
- Sing songs.
- Build stuff with Legos.
- Play video games together.
- Play wiffleball.
- Play nerf football.
- Bake a cake and decorate it.
- Thumb-wrestle, play mercy, or have a tickle fight.
- Make a gingerbread house, or decorate gingerbread men.
- Learn and tell each other jokes.
- Play basketball.
- Learn to juggle.
- Walk barefoot in the grass and pick flowers.
- Build paper airplanes and have a flying contest.