Inexpensive Cleaning Tips
Use Baking Soda
- As a solution for floors and surfaces
- Dissolve four tablespoons of Baking Soda in a quart of warm water. Wash and rince. It's a gentle, overall cleaning solution that is perfect for floors and surfaces
- As a paste for tough cleaning
- Mix three parts Baking Soda with one part warm water. Clean and rince. Great for tougher cleaning jobs that require a little extra 'traction'.
- Baking Soda paste is safe and effective as a paste to remove kool-aid and juice stains from kitchen counter tops.
- Baking Soda paste is great for removing dirt and grime from the inside door of your dishwasher or the drum of your washing machine.
- In a sponge for quick wipe-ups
- Lightly apply Baking Soda to a damp sponge. Wipe and rince. It's iedal for on-the-spot cleanups.
- Use Baking Soda in your refridgerator
- To minimise odors in your refridgerator, remove the top from box of baking soda and place it on one of the shelves. The Baking Soda will neutralize odors. Replace the Baking Soda every 3 months.
- Sprinkle for odor control
- Sprinkle Baking Soda directly onto surfaces, like carpets, upholstery and pet areas. Vacuum after 15 minutes. Baking Soda is great for neutralizing odors on contact.
- Sprinkle Baking Soda on the bottom of the garbage can to neutralize odors.
- Keep an open box of Baking Soda in your pantry. Replace every three months.
What is Baking Soda?
Baking Soda is a sodium bicarbonate, a natural substance that maintains the pH balance. Baking Soda neutralizes both acids and bases. Baking Soda eliminates odors rather than just covering them up.