- 2 large yellow crookneck squash
- 1 egg
- ½ cup cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1/3 cup canned skim milk
- 1 tsp. of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in to slices no bigger than an inch in diameter.
- Boil squash until soft.
- Mash the squash with a potato masher or blend in a food processor.
- Add the egg, cracker crumbs, butter, skim milk and salt to the mashed squash and mix well.
- Put the squash mixture into a medium sized baking dish and bake for 30 minuets or until firm.
Carrot and Bamboo Stir-fry
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups of bamboo shoots
- 2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 large piece of ginger root, grated
- 4 tbsp of white wine
- 2 ½ cups of basmati rice, cooked
- On a low heat fry the coriander, ginger and garlic in the sesame oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots, bamboo shoots, soy sauce and white wine.
- Cook on a medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Serve over top of the rice.
Serves: 4 persons