Garlic Herb Stir-fry
- Heat wok or frying pan on medium heat until warm.
Add olive oil to the wok.
Add stir-fry vegetables to the wok.
Add finely chopped garlic to the wok.
Flip the mixture around rapidly with your spatula,
Dust the mixture with the basil.
Continue rapidly flipping the stir-fry to keep it from scorching for another five minutes,
Serve while hot.
Tomatoes Stuffed with Saffron Rice and Pea
- 8 medium tomatoes, the tops cut off and the insides hollowed-out
- 2 1/2 cups of basmati rice, boiled with 1 pack of saffron
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the saffron rice with the peas, egg, parsley and olive oil.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet.
- Stuff tomatoes with the saffron rice mix.
- Top them with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Cook in oven on 300 degrees F for 8-12 minutes.
Serves: 4 persons