Bell Pepper Cous Cous
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cups of cous cous
- 2 cups of salted boiling water
- In a pan, heat oil, peppers and onion for 10 minutes or until the peppers are cooked
- Pour cous cous into a bowl.
- Add boiling water and the fried onion and peppers.
- Stir and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Serves: 4 persons
Stuffed Garden Tomatoes
- 6 large tomatoes, hollowed out (save the inside of the tomato)
- 2 1/2 cups of basmati rice, cooked
- 2 medium potatoes, diced into tiny wedges
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry the garlic and potatoes and the saved tomato with the oil in a large pan.
- Mix the rice and potatoes, oil, garlic, tomato in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Place the hollowed-out tomatoes on a baking sheet.
- Rub them with olive oil and fill them with the rice mixture.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
Serves: 4-6 persons
- 2 ½ lbs. baking potatoes
- ¼ c. margarine, softened
- ½ c. ale beer
- 2 tsp. salt
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1-in. cubes.
- Cook in boiling water 20-25 minutes until tender and drain.
- Place in large mixing bowl.
- Add beer, salt and margarine and beat at medium speed with a mixer until fluffy.
- Serves 6.