Sauteed Collard Greens
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds coarsely chopped collard greens, stems and large veins removed
- 1/2 cup water
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat the oil in a wide sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, stir, and add the collards (you may have to add the collards in batches to allow some to wilt before all will fit in the pan).
- Add the water and stir occasionally until the collards are bright green and tender.
- If desired, add a splash of balsamic vinegar and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings. Serving size: 1 cup
Stuffed Green Peppers with Rice
- 2 cups MINUTE Brown Rice, cooked
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup vegetarian spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 4 medium green peppers, tops removed, seeded
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix rice, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce and 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- Place peppers in 2-quart baking dish.
- Fill with rice mixture; cover.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender and filling is heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.