- 8 small carrots
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/8 tsp. salt 2
1 tsp. dill
Scrape carrots and cut into sticks.
Mix butter, brown sugar and salt in a saucepan.
Allow butter mixture to melt over low heat while stirring occasionally.
Place carrots in the sauce pan with the butter mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for approximately 10-12 minutes or until carrots are tender.
Add the bourbon and cook uncovered over the low heat for about 1 minute.
Sprinkle with dill.
Serves: 4 persons
Zesty Italian Veggies
- 1 bag frozen Italian style vegetables (defrosted)
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs basil
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- Toss ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
Hash Brown Pie
- 2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 can (8 oz.) mushrooms, drained
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. each: dried thyme leaves and onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly press hash browns into greased 9-inch pie plate to form crust.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the cheese; top with mushrooms and broccoli.
- Beat eggs, milk, thyme, salt, onion powder and pepper with wire whisk until well blended.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake 35 min. or until center is set and top is golden brown