Green Beans with Almonds
- 1 pound frozen green beans
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
- Steam or microwave the frozen beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the almonds to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the almonds to a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Toss with the lemon pepper.
- Add the beans to the bowl and toss again. Serve immediately.
Serving size: 1 ½ cups.
Makes 6 servings.
Healthy benefits of Almonds
Onions stuffed with Cous Cous
- 2 large white onions, halved and their centers removed
- 1 cup of cous cous
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tbsp of white wine
- 1 cup of chicken broth, boiling on the stove
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Sautee the zucchini and the bell pepper in the olive oil and white wine for 7 minutes.
- Add the cous cous the chicken broth and stir well for 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat and all the cous cous to cool for ten minutes.
- Stuff the onion shells with the cous cous.
- Place the onion shells on a baking sheet and cook in a 350-degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove onion shells from the oven and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: 4 persons