- 3/4 cup Italian Dressing, divided
- Dark Turkey meat (2 lb.)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 qt. (5 cups) boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of the dressing in extra-large skillet or Dutch oven on medium-high heat.
- Add turkey, skin-sides down, and onions.
- Cook 4 min. on each side or until turkey is browned on both sides, stirring onions occasionally.
- Cover. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 min.
- Add remaining dressing and the boiling water; cover.
- Simmer an additional 15 min.; strain.
- Chop the turkey; discard skin and bones. Return the chopped turkey and strained liquid to skillet.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk; stir until mixture forms a stiff dough.
- Place on lightly floured surface; knead 8 to 10 times or until smooth.
- Roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut into 1-inch squares.
- Add dumplings to the boiling soup; cover skillet with lid.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 40 min. or until dumplings are cooked through.
Turkey Italiano Skillet
- 1 lb. boneless skinless turkey breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Macaroni & Cheese Dinner
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add turkey; cook and stir 5 min. on medium-high heat.
- Add green pepper and onion; cook 5 min. or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, water and Macaroni.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Simmer 10 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring twice.
- Stir in Cheese Sauce until blended.