Dill Cakes and Tofu
- 4 potatoes, shredded
- 1 (8oz) pack of firm tofu, chopped
- 3 tbsp of dill, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of flour
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tbsp of sour cream
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Combine the sour cream, butter, potatoes, scallion, egg, tofu, and dill.
- Mix the ingredients well, roll and slap them into patties and coat them with the flour.
- Sautee the potato-tofu patties in the olive oil.
- Brown both sides and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Tofu Pound Cake
- 15 oz. of tofu, soft
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of almond extract
- 4 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of flour 1 cup of maple syrup or honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whip together the wet and dry ingredients separately, then fold them together and mix them well.
- Pour the batter into a nonstick baking pan.
- Set the oven at 350 degrees and bake the pound cake for 33 minutes.
Strawberry Tofu Short Cake
- 6 pre made small shortcakes
- 2 cups of strawberries
- 8 oz of soft tofu
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of half and half cream
- Toast the shortcakes in the oven.
- Puree the tofu, sugar and strawberries.
- Pour the strawberry puree over top the toasted shortcakes.
- Pour the half and half cream evenly overtop the cakes.
- Serve in bowls.