Mango with Sticky Rice
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of rice, preferably jasmine, cooked
- 2 mangos, ripe, peeled and pitted
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Bring the coconut milk to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer on low for 3 minutes, adding the sugar, and salt.
- Pour the coconut milk sauce over top the rice.
- Sprinkle the mangos atop.
- Refrigerate the rice for 1 hour before serving.
Serves: 4 persons
Thai Coconut Mango Cake
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 2 mangos, mashed
- ½ cup of almond oil
- 4 eggs, separated into yolks and white
- 1 tsp of coconut extract
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ can of coconut milk
- Beat the separated yolk and white in separate bowls.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately as well, then fold them together and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and place it in a 350-degree for 25-30 minutes, or until the surface is buoyant.
Thai Mango Salad
- 2 cup of rice, rinsed, cooked and refrigerated
- 1 cup oil for deep-frying (such as canola)
- 2 heads of lettuce, chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, boiled and torn into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of white wine
- 2 cups of snow peas, chopped
- 1 1/2 mangos, cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of vinegar
- Except for the rice, stir fry the ingredients for 5-8 minutes.
- Toss them with the rice and refrigerate.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.