- 2 cans (10-11 oz.) low-fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cans (10-11 oz.) low-fat, low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cans (14 oz.) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10 oz.) Rotel tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 c. skim milk (seasoned with a ½ tsp. of chili powder and a ½ tsp. of garlic salt
- 6 large flour tortillas (torn into pieces)
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- ½ c. corn tortilla chips (for each soup serving)
- 2 tbsp. low-fat or fat-free sour cream (for each soup serving)
- ¼ c. diced tomatoes (for each soup serving)
- 3 tbsp. low-fat or fat-free shredded cheese (for each soup serving)
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil over stove.
- Place ½ c. serving of the corn tortilla chips into individual serving bowls.
- Top each serving of chips with 1 c. soup, low-fat or fat-free sour cream, diced tomatoes and low-fat or fat-free shredded cheese.
Rice and Beef Soup
- 12 oz. lean beef (round or sirloin)
- 4 c. beef bouillon
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 4 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and sliced
- 3 c. cooked white rice
- 6 tbsp. orange juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped onion
- Carefully trim away fat from beef.
- Cut the beef into thin strips and place into a large saucepan.
- Pour the bouillon over the beef.
- Add soy sauce, sherry, tomato paste and water chestnuts.
- Place mixture in a pot and bring to a boil, skimming away the surface froth with a ladle.
- Cover pan and simmer until beef is tender (15-20 minutes).
- Remove excess froth with ladle if necessary.
- Stir in rice and orange juice.
- Heat for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Top with the onions.