Rocco’s Potato Leak Soup
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 tbsp of rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 6 cups of vegetable stock
- Sautee the potatoes, leek, onion and rosemary in the olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream and vegetable stock and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the soup to a food processor and blend it until the ingredients are pureed well.
- Serve with a tsp of olive oil in each bowl
Serves: 5 persons
Creamed Corn and Coriander Soup
- 2 cups of coriander, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 tsp of fish sauce
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless and cubed
- 2 limes, squeezed
- 1 rod of lemon grass, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can of creamed for
- 3 egg whites
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tbsp of sesame oil
- Sautee the lemon grass, coriander, ginger, fish sauce, lime juice, onion, garlic and chicken in the sesame oil for 7 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the creamed corn and simmer for another 20 minutes before serving.
- Beat the egg whites into the soup.
Serves: 4 persons