Lemon Grass and Coconut Soup
- 5 cups of chicken stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of freshly chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup of coriander, chopped
- 5 stalks of lemon grass, chopped into four inch pieces and bruised
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless and cubed
- Sautee the fish sauce, coconut, chilies, coriander, lemon grass and chicken in the sesame oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the stalks of lemon grass.
- Serve immediately
Serves: 5 persons
Rice and Salmon Soup
- 2 leeks, minced
- 3 celery ribs, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbsp of flour
- 2 cups of fish stock
- 2 cups of wild rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream
- 2 salmon steaks, cubed
- 1/4 cup of thyme, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of fresh basil, chopped
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 stick of butter
- Sautee the celery, leek, shallot, thyme, basil and salmon in the butter for 7 minutes.
- Add the cream and fish stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and rice.
- Simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.