- 4 cups peeled cubed fresh pumpkin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2-oz. each) condensed chicken broth
- 3-1/2 cups water (2 soup cans)
- 1/2 cup MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups milk (1 soup can)
- Mix pumpkin, onion, carrot and celery in large saucepan.
- Add chicken broth and water.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 min. or pumpkin is until tender.
- Add rice and nutmeg; stir.
- Return to boil.
- Remove from heat; let stand 10 min.
- Add pumpkin mixture, in batches, to blender or food processor container; cover.
- Process until well blended, using pulsing action. Return to saucepan; stir in milk.
- Cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Tomato Black Bean Barley Soup
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 qt. (4 cups) water
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- Cook onion and garlic in dressing in large saucepan on medium heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently.
- Add all remaining ingredients except green peppers; mix well.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in green peppers; cover.
- Let stand 5 minutes.