New England Oyster Stew
- 3 stalks of celery, minced
- 3 cups of shucked oysters
- 2 tbsp of shallots, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup of butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 quart of half and half cream
- Sautee the shallots and celery in the butter until the shallots are tender.
- Mix the half and half cream and the butter and vegetables.
- Bring to a slow boil and reduce the heat.
- Add the oysters.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Simmer until the oysters shrink and curl.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and diced
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 lime
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of green curry paste
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
- 1 stalk of lemon grass
- 1 small piece of ginger root, grated
- Sautee the onion, garlic, ginger, carrot and lemon grass in the sesame oil for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, lime juice and the curry paste.
- Sautee for another 3 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add the vegetable broth and simmer for 10 minutes on low.
- Serve alone or with rice.
Serves: 3 persons