- 2 medium onions
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 large celery stocks
- 1 large potatoe diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch piece of sliced ginger
- 1 medium apple
- 1 Cup water
- 8 Cups of low sodium chicken stock
- Curry paste
- 1 cup of brown rice
- Chop all of the ingredients and place in separate containers.
- In 1 cup of water, simmer:
- 1/2 of the chopped onion
- 1/3 of the chopped carrots
- 1/3 of the chopped celery
- all of the garlic
- all of the ginger
- all of the apple
- Once the water mixture is tender, let cool slightly
- Puree in blender until smooth.
- Pour pureed mixture into stock pot and add 8 cups of
low sodium chicken stock.
- Add the remainder of the carrots, celery, onion, potato.
- Add 1 heaping tablespoon of natural smooth peanut butter, two
tablespoons of curry paste, and 1 cup of precooked brown rice.
- Simmer till veggies are cooked, add salt and pepper to taste.
**Recipe submitted by M. Flint of British Columbia, Canada.
Cheesy Chili Soup
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, un-drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup Mexican Style Shredded Cheese, divided
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Bring all ingredients except cheese to boil in medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 25 min. or until vegetables are tender.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with cheese.