- 1 tsp. dashi granules
- 3 ¼ c. water
- 2 ½ tbsp. white miso
- 1 ¾ oz. diced firm tofu
- One scallion, finely sliced
- Place the dashi granules and 1/2 C water into a bowl and bring to a boil.
- Dissolve the miso in a little bit of boiling water (about 2 tsp.)
- Add the miso and water to the dashi granules mixture.
- Place tofu into mixture and serve into bowls.
- Top each bowl with scallions and serve.
Serves 4 persons
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 13 oz. can corn, drained
- 3 cans chicken broth
- 1 c. pasta spirals
- Heat oil in large pan and add onion, carrot and celery.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally for ten minutes or until soft.
- Add corn and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta to the pan and return to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for ten minutes or until pasta is tender.
Serves 6 persons
Crock Pot Stew
- 1 TBSP oil
- 2 lb. boneless beef for stew, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes or meat substitute
- 3/4 cup BBQ Sauce, divided
- 1 TBSP Instant Coffee
- 5 medium carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 celery stalks
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add meat, in batches; cook until evenly browned.
- Transfer meat to 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the barbecue sauce over meat; sprinkle with coffee granules.
- Top with onions, carrots, celery and potatoes; cover with lid.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).
- Stir in peas and remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce; cover.
- Cook an additional 30 min. or until heated through.