A cholesterol-free classic Italian vegetable soup brimming with fiber-rich beans, peas, and carrots.
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/3 C coarsely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 C coarsely chopped celery and leaves
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 C sliced carrots, fresh or frozen
- 4-3/4 C shredded cabbage
- 1 can (1 lb) tomatoes, cut up
- 1 C canned red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1-1/2 C frozen peas
- 1-1/2 C fresh green beans
- dash hot sauce
- 11 C water
- 2 C uncooked, broken spaghetti
- Heat oil in a 4-quart saucepan.
- Add garlic, onion, and celery and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients except spaghetti, and stir until ingredients are well mixed.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer about 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add uncooked spaghetti and simmer 2-3 minutes only.
Yield: 16 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup
|Nutrition at a glance
Each Serving Provides:
|amount per serving
||less than 1 g