Ginger Veggie Soup
- 1 cup of ginger root, grated
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups of potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of basmati rice, washed and cooked
- 3 tbsp of chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp of chopped parsley
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 8 cups of boiling vegetable stock
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- 1 tbsp of basil
- Sautee ginger root, onions, celery, zucchini, potatoes, chives, parsley, bay leaf, thyme, basil and olive oil for 10 minutes.
- Add the boiling vegetable stock and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the rice 30 minutes into the simmering.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Carrot and Peanut Soup
- 10 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup of organic natural chunky peanut butter
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Sautee the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes in a large pot.
- Add the carrots and sauté for another 4 minutes.
- Add the cayenne pepper, vegetable stock and salt and pepper.
- Cook the ingredients covered for 25 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock mixture to a food processor and blend on high.
- Return the ingredients to the pot.
- Beat the peanut butter into the soup.
- Simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
Thai Curry Beef Soup
- 4 teaspoons red or green Thai curry paste
- 8 cups water
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granular Splenda
- 2-3 pounds round steak or chuck roast, in bite-size pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin, 4 ounces
- 1 medium carrot, cut in half moons, about 2 ounces
- 2 4-ounce cans mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets, 16 ounces
- 2-4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, optional
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Allow about 30 minutes of prep time to get the meat and vegetables prepared.
- Cut any larger cauliflower florets in half or quarters, but don't make them too small or they will fall apart in cooking.
- Snap off the stems of the green beans and leave them whole.
- Whisk red onions, water, coconut milk and fish sauce/soy sauce in slow cooker.
- Add all but the green beans; stir to coat everything with the sauce.
- Add 8 cups water.
- Place beans on top, but do not mix in.
- Cook on LOW 8 hours, stirring in the beans during the last half hour or so.