- 4 fresh corn cobs, husked and the corn cut off the cob
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 tbsp of parsley, freshly chopped
- 3 cups of potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 3 leeks, chopped
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- Add the oil and leeks to a covered pan.
- Simmer the leaks for 6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the milk, chicken stock, potatoes and corn.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil, with a lid partially covering the pot, for 20-25 minutes.
- Reduce the heat, remove the lid and simmer the chowder for another 8 minutes.
- Add the cayenne pepper and the parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: 4 persons
Duck and Rice Soup
- 5 tbsp of coriander
- 1 whole roast duck, skinless, headless and chopped into pieces
- 2 litters of water
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 6 slices of fresh galangal
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon of white pepper
- 2 cups of rice noodles
- 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce
- Remove the meat from the ducks bones and set it aside.
- Add the duck carcass and bones, water, coriander and galangal to a large pot and bring the ingredients to a boil.
- Any foam occurring during the boiling process should be skimmed off and discarded.
- Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the broth into another pan and discard the ingredients left in the strainer.
- Cut the duck meat into small strips and add to the broth.
- Add the spring onions, fish sauce, broccoli, garlic, sugar, white pepper and hoisin sauce.
- Bring to a boil slowly
- Boil the rice noodles in a separate pot for 3 minutes.
- Strain the rice noodles.
- Pour the broth into serving bowls and add the noodles evenly to each bowl.
Serves: 4 persons