Chicken Tortellini Soup
- 2 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 cans low-fat, low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 6 c. water
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 pkg. boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 bag cheese tortellini
- 2 boxes frozen broccoli
- Cook chicken in small amount of oil.
- While meat cooks, chop vegetables and open cans.
- Simmer first seven ingredients in a large kettle for an hour, adding the tortellini and frozen broccoli 10 minutes before serving.
- Before serving, top soup with freshly grated Italian cheese and serve with garlic bread.
Santa Fe Chicken Fajita Soup
- 1 pkg. (1.4 oz.) Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg. (8 oz Cream Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 lb. (16 oz.) Velveeta, cut up
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine seasoning mix and water in medium bowl.
- Add chicken; toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate at least 30 min.
- SPRAY large nonstick saucepan with cooking spray.
- Add garlic and cilantro; cook on medium-high heat 1 minute.
- Add chicken mixture, onions and peppers; mix well.
- Cook 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add cream cheese, VELVEETA and chicken broth; mix well.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook until cream cheese and VELVEETA are completely melted and chicken mixture is heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.