Bean and Bacon Soup
- 10 strips of bacon
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 1 cup of white northern beans
- 1 cup of kidney beans
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 cups of water, warming on the stove
- 2 tbsp of white wine
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 2 tbsp of parsley
- Sautee the bacon, onion, onion and garlic in the oil in a large pan over a medium heat for 6 minutes.
- Add the white wine, chickpeas and beans.
- Sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add the water and cook the beans soup until the beans are extremely soft.
- Puree the beans soup until it is one consistency.
- Serve with parsley sprinkled on top.
Serves 4- 5
- 2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tsp butter, melted
- ½ chopped leek
- 3 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the mushrooms, onion, leek, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, for 15 minutes over low heat.
- Stir together the melted butter and flour to make a paste.
- Add paste to vegetables.
- Increase heat to medium, and slowly stir in the milk.
- Stir constantly.
- When mixture comes to a boil, stir in the cream.
- Cook over low heat 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.