Baked Potato Soup
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions, divided
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Pierce potatoes; microwave on HIGH 5 min., turning over after 2-1/2 min.
- Combine broth, milk and potatoes in large microwaveable bowl.
- Microwave on High 6 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
- Slightly crush potatoes with a potato masher.
- Reserve 2 Tbsp. each of the bacon and cheese and 1 Tbsp. of the onions for topping; set aside.
- Add remaining bacon, cheese and onions to soup.
- Serve topped with reserved bacon, cheese, onions and sour cream.
Southwest Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 cups dried black-eyed peas soaked overnight
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- garlic clove, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweet corn
- 8 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Drain and rinse black-eyed peas thoroughly.
- Place peas, green pepper, onion, garlic, corn, and tomatoes, in slow cooker.
- Season with chili powder, and cumin; stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Stir in rice, and cheese.
- Cook for 30 minutes.