Angel Hair Soup
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
- 2 cans (14-1/2 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup oil
- 12 oz. thin noodles, such as angel hair, vermicelli, capellini or spaghetti
- 1 qt. (4 cups) water
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Place tomatoes, onion and dressing in blender container; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into large saucepot.
- Bring to boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in separate saucepan on medium heat.
- Add noodles; cook 1 minute or until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Drain noodles.
- Add noodles and water to tomato mixture in saucepot; cook on medium-high heat 10 minutes or until noodles are tender and about 1/3 of the broth is absorbed. (The noodles should still be somewhat soupy.)
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top each serving with about 1 tsp. of the sour cream; swirl lightly with spoon.
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Cook and stir carrots, onion and celery in hot oil in large saucepot on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender.
- Stir in ginger.
- Add broth and water.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in rice; simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk.
- Puree the soup with a hand-held blender, or in batches using a countertop blender or food processor.
- Return soup puree to pot; cook on low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper.