Tortellini and Bean soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped white onions
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups roughly chopped raw spinach
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added navy beans, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained
- 9 ounces cheese tortellini
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning to the pot.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the ingredients are tender.
- Add the water, spinach, beans, broth, tomatoes with their juice, and artichokes to the pot.
- Raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the tortellini to the pot and cook until thoroughly heated, about 7 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings.
- Serving size: 1½ cups.
Crock Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 whole chicken (2 1/2-3 1/2 lbs.)
- 3-4 cans Swanson chicken broth
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. frozen mixed vegetables (corn, zucchini, carrots)
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. lg. egg noodles, cooked
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn crock pot to high position.
- Wash whole chicken and clean out insides.
- Place whole chicken in crock pot, cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken falls off bones.
- Remove chicken, let it cool.
- While chicken is cooling, put 3-4 cans of chicken broth into the crock pot and change temperature to low.
- Next de-bone entire chicken and put into crock pot with broth.
- Add frozen vegetables and spices and cook on low for 1 hour.
- During that time, cook egg noodles according to package directions.
- When the noodles are done, add them to the crockpot and season to taste.
- Cook 1/2 hour longer.
Serves 8 to 10 people