Imperial Shrimp Wraps
- 12 pieces of rice paper
- 12 large shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 2 cups of soy germ
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 12 mint leaves
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of crushed hot pepper flakes
- 12 small lettuce leaves, taken from the heart of a lettuce head
- Mix the vinegar, garlic, sugar and crush pepper flakes in a small bowl
- Wet the rice papers in a bowl of cold water and lay them flat on a towel for assembly.
- Place a lettuce leaf in the center of the rice paper.
- Add the soy germ, basil, shrimp and mint to the lettuce leave and roll the soy paper into a wrap.
- Drizzle the vinegar sauce over top the rice rolls.
Serves: 4 persons
Calamari Shish Kebabs
- 4 calamari heads, cleaned and cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares
- 2 green bell peppers cut into 1 inch by 1 inch squares
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of crushed hot pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- wooden skewers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and allow them to marinate for 1 hour.
- Stab the calamari and the green peppers on to the skewers and place them on the grill or on a baking sheet and in a 300-degree oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle them with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: 3-4 persons