Healthy Kitchen: Recipes for a Better Body, Life and Spirit by Andrew Weil, Rosie
16-ounce block firm tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin (1-1/2 tablespoons)
tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced green
onions, scallions, chives, or 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
salsa (page 8)
the tofu and crumble it, using clean hands.
- Sauté the garlic and diced
pepper with the olive oil in a medium sauté pan on medium heat, for about
- Stir in the crumbled tofu first, then add turmeric, salt, pepper, green
onions (scallions, chives, or onions), and soy sauce.
- Cook the tofu for 3 more
minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with salsa and warm corn tortillas.
Fat 7.5 g
Saturated fat 1 g (65.9 % of
calories from fat)
Protein 5.5 g
Carbohydrate 3.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Fiber 1.3 g
© 2002 by Andrew Weil, M.D. and Rosie Daley.