Cajun Vegetable Sauce
- 1 cup of okra, washed and chopped
- 1 cup of black beans
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup of boiled and cubed potatoes
- 1/2 tsp of chili sauce
- 4 oz of cream cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until they are blended well.
- Empty the ingredients into a pan over a medium heat.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 2 hot peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 plum tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of thick molasses
- 1/4 cup of chopped basil
- 1/2 cup of red vinegar or sour red wine (same thing)
- 2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of salt
- 1 lime, squeezed
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pan and bring them to a slow boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer them on low for 10 minutes.
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of horseradish
- 1 1/2 tbsp of hot pepper sauce
- 1 can of tomatoes, peeled
- 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Bring the ingredients to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Simmer them on low for 7 minutes.
- Run the ingredients through a food mill or processor.
- Best served with shrimp or sausage.