- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 20 green olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- White wine
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Mix the onions, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, tomatoes, and green olives and sauté them for 6 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, bay leaf and white wine.
- Simmer for another 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice of bread.
Serves: 3-4 persons
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
- 1 lg. head cauliflower
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1 c. light mayonnaise
- 1/2 (1.4 oz.) pkg. buttermilk salad dressing mix
- 2 tbsp. Splenda
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- Remove outer green leaves of cauliflower and break into flowerets, wash thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Trim off large leaves of broccoli.
- Remove stalks, separate into florets and wash thoroughly.
- Combine cauliflower and broccoli.
- Toss gently.
- Combine remaining ingredients, mix well and pour over vegetables, tossing gently.
- Cover and chill overnight.