Mediterranean Potato Salad
- 2 lbs. unpeeled new potatoes
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ c. Italian salad dressing
- ½ c. thinly-sliced red onion
- ½ c. diced black olives
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and scrub all potatoes thoroughly.
- Cut each potato into quarters, leaving skin on.
- Place potatoes in large water-filled pot.
- Cook potatoes on medium heat until potatoes are tender in middle when pierced with a fork.
- Cool potatoes quickly by running under cool water when done.
- In small bowl, mix lemon juice and dressing until well blended.
- Thinly slice onion.
- Toss onion, potatoes and olives in large serving bowl.
- Pour dressing mix over potatoes and toss.
- Add cheese on top of potatoes and season with black pepper.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 16 persons
Chicken Raspberry Salad
- 6 tbsp. fat-free raspberry vinaigrette
- ½ c. fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 8 oz. deli chicken breast, chopped
- 2 c. fresh or frozen (thawed) raspberries
- 1 c. white seedless grapes
- ¾ c. celery, sliced
- lettuce leaves
- In small bowl, whisk vinaigrette, yogurt and lemon juice.
- Line platter with lettuce leaves.
- Top the lettuce leaves with chicken, raspberries, grapes, and celery.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette dressing mixture.
Serves 4 persons