Light Pasta Salad
- 4 c. seashell pasta shells
- 1 c. frozen peas
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- 1 c. light or fat-free ranch dressing
- Add seashell pasta noodles to 2/3 c. boiling water and heat over medium heat for 15 minutes (or until pasta noodles are tender).
- Once pasta shells are done, drain water in strainer.
- While still in strainer, rinse pasta shells under cold running water to cool the pasta.
- Pour cooled pasta into large bowl and set aside.
- Warm frozen peas in a small saucepan on stove until done and soft.
- Drain water and add peas to pasta.
- Add green bell pepper, tomato and ranch dressing to pasta mixture.
- Let chill for 1 hour and serve cold.
Serves 4 persons
Easy Make Salad
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten or egg substitute
- ½ c. Splenda
- 1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. mustard
- ¼ c. water
- 3 tbsp. softened margarine
- ½ c. light or fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ c. raisins
- 6 slices low-sodium bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 c. fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ c. toasted sunflower seeds
- Whisk together egg and egg yolk, Splenda, cornstarch and mustard.
- Pour water over egg mixture.
- Cook until thick.
- Stir in margarine and mayonnaise.
- Chill and mix with mushrooms, bacon, and sunflower seeds.