- 4 Granny Smith apples (cubed)
- 1 lg. can crushed pineapple (in heavy syrup) drained and save juice
- 2 c. miniature marshmallows
- 1 1/2 c. cocktail peanuts
- 1 (8 oz.) light whipped topping
- 1/2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 c. Splenda
- 1 egg substitute
- 1 tbsp. flour
- Mix together juice, vinegar, Splenda, egg substitute, and flour.
- Cook until mixture comes to a boil and is syrupy.
- Then strain to remove any lumps, and cool.
- Mix all ingredients and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
3 Bean Salad
- 2 c. cooked green beans
- 2 c. cooked yellow beans
- 2 c. red kidney beans (1 sm. can)
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 c. chopped celery
- 1/2 c. Italian salad dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well to make sure everything is coated with dressing.
- Chill for a few hours, stir and serve.
Almond and Ginger Rice Salad
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp of mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup of long-grain wild rice, cooked
- 1 cup of brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup of peas, cooked
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 7 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass bowl and toss them well.
- Serve chilled.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.