- 1 cup of basmati rice, uncooked
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- Bring the coconut milk, water, salt and sugar to a rolling boil.
- Add the rice.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
Serves: 3 people
Sweet Potato Risotto
- 3 cups of sweet potato, cubed, boiled and mashed (kept warm)
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 1 1/2 liters of chicken broth warming on the stove
- 3 sage leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of Parmesan
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp of butter
- Sautee the onion and sage in the butter for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until it become translucent.
- Remove the sage leaves.
- Slowly add the broth, making sure the rice is always wet, until it is cooked.
- Rice will have a sticky pasty texture when cooked.
- Add the mashed sweet potato and Parmesan and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Serves: 5-6 persons