- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 c. onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 c. rice
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Drain tomatoes, reserve liquid.
- Add enough water to tomato liquid to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Chop tomatoes and reserve.
- Saute onions, bell pepper and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add rice, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Cook stirring, constantly over medium heat; for 1 minute.
- Add reserved tomatoes and tomato liquid.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low cover and cook until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with fork.
- 1 liter of vegetable stock, warming on the stove
- 2 cups of Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 tbsp
- 1 cup of Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of crushed pistachios
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- Sautee the crushed pistachios and onion in the olive oil for 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir constantly until the rice becomes translucent.
- Add the cream and butter.
- Slowly add the broth, making sure the rice is always wet, until it is cooked.
- It will have a sticky pasty texture when cooked
- Add the Parmesan and serve immediately.
Serves: 5-6 persons