Taco Cornbread Pizza
- 1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 pkg. (1-1/4 oz.) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare corn muffin batter as directed on package; spread into greased 12-inch pizza pan.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in large skillet; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and water; prepare as directed on package.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over baked crust; top with the meat mixture and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Pastry for 2-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1-1/2 Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz.) Shredded Low-Moisture Whole Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten or egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 oz. Prosciutto, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll 1/2 of the pastry to 11-inch circle on lightly floured surface.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with pastry allowing 1/2-inch overhang.
- Pierce pastry shell with fork.
- Brown sausage; drain.
- Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese in large bowl.
- Stir in sausage, prosciutto and parsley.
- Spoon into crust.
- Roll remaining pastry to 12-inch circle.
- Place over filling; seal and flute edge.
- Cut several slits to permit steam to escape.
- Bake 1 hour or until center is set and crust is browned.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot or cold.