- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 6 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 oz. strawberry gelatin
- 1 quart strawberries fresh or frozen (not in sugar)
- Bring sugar, water and cornstarch to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add gelatin, stir until dissolved.
- Cool and then add strawberries.
- Refrigerate about 45 minutes or until it starts to congeal.
- Put in pie shell “cream cheese crust, baked) and cool completely.
- Top with whipped cream or ice cream to serve.
Raspberry-Orange Cream Cheese Pie
- 1-8 oz package softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- 1 “ready made” graham cracker pie crust
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy in a large bowl.
- To cheese, gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Fold sour cream, grated orange peel and vanilla into cheese.
- To cheese and sour cream mixture add whipped topping until well blended.
- Spoon into pie crust.
- Garnish with raspberry jam.
Velvet Chocolate Cream Pie
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- In a heavy saucepan, mix sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add eggs and milk.
- Beat with whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until smooth and thickened.
- Remove from heat; stir in butter and vanilla.
- Add chocolate pieces and stir until completely melted.
- Pour into baked shell. Chill.
- Top with “Classic Meringue” and garnish with chocolate curls.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Pie Crust: ½ flaky pie crust recipe