Lemon Sour Cream Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. lemon rind, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In large saucepan combine sugar, cornstarch, lemon rind, lemon juice, egg yolks, and milk.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Stir in butter.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in sour cream and pour into baked pie shell (“1/2 flaky Crust Recipe”).
- Top with “Classic Meringue”.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
No Crust Key Lime Pie
- 1½ cups pitted dates
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 cups chopped mango
- 4 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup dried shredded coconut
- Blend all ingredients in food processor until well chopped
- Pour into deep dish
This is a very healthy no-sugar recipe. It tastes much better than it sounds!
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup solid shortening
- 1 cup slightly softened cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons water
- Cut shortening into flour and salt until crumbly.
- Cut in cream cheese until well mixed
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time until a ball forms.
- Separate dough into two balls.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 45 min. to 1 hour.
- Flour rolling pin and wax paper and roll into crust sized circles.
Makes 2 9-inch crusts