- 8-oz softened cream cheese
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup lime juice
- “ready-made” graham cracker crust
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add milks and beat until smooth.
- Add lime juice, beat until thickened.
- Pour into pie shell
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours until firm
Flaky Pie Crust
- 3 cup flour
- 1 ts salt
- 1 1/4 c shortening
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 5 tbsp ice water
- 1 tsp vinegar
- In a small straight-sided bowl, combine flour and salt. Add shortening.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine egg, ice water and vinegar; add to flour mixture ALL AT ONE TIME.
- Use a fork to stir briskly, about 15 strokes, or until mixture forms a loose ball.
- Turn dough out onto a sheet of waxed or freezer paper, and divide in half.
- Use hands to gently compress dough into 2 balls.
- Place dough in refrigerator for 45 minutes or more.
- Flour rolling pin and freezer paper and roll each ball into pie sized crust.
Makes 2 9-inch crusts.
- 2 envelopes “dream whip” whipped Topping Mix
- 2-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2-4 oz packages instant pudding, any flavor
- Blend topping mix, 1 cup milk and vanilla in a large bowl on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining milk and pudding mixes, beating on low speed until blended.
- Spoon into baked pie shell (1/2 flaky crust recipe)
- Refrigerate until serving.