- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- Beat egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy peaks have formed and all sugar is dissolved.
Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 3 slightly beaten egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 9-inch pastry shell, cooked Meringue
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and flour in saucepan.
- Gradually add hot water, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks, then return to hot mixture.
- Bring back to boiling and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add butter and lemon peel.
- Slowly add lemon juice, mixing well.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Spread meringue over filling and seal the edges.
- Bake at 350 F for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-6 oz can frozen lemonade
- 1-8 oz container whipped topping
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour into baked pie crust (1/2 flaky pie crust recipe)