Caribbean Fudge Pie
- 1/4 c Butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. instant coffee powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar; firmly packed
- 12 oz Chocolate chips; melt & cool
- 1 tsp. rum extract
- 1 cup walnuts; coarsely chopped
- Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, at medium speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Add the cooled chocolate, coffee powder, and rum flavoring, blending well.
- Stir in flour and walnuts.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell (1/2 flaky crust recipe)
- Add walnut halves around the edge.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until set.
Rum Raisin Pie
- Pie Dough
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- 3 2/3 Cups heavy cream
- 2/3 Cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs plus 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Cup dark rum
- 1/4 Cup golden raisins
- 1/4 Cup confectioners' sugar
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface.
- Roll out to a 12-inch round, a bit less than 1/4 inch thick; fit into a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Trim dough flush with edge of pie plate, then make 1/2-inch cuts at 3/4-inch intervals all around edge.
- Bend every other tab of crust forward.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- 6 tbl butter
- 6 tbl flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. rum flavoring
- Whipped Topping
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in flour, eggs, and egg yolks, blend well.
- Stir in sugar.
- Gradually stir in milk and flavorings
- Stir until completely blended.
- Heat again over low heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- Pour into baked “cheesecake crust”.
- Add whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.