Bavarian Chocolate Pie
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter
- ¾ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ chilled whipping cream
- Add 1 cup of the milk to large saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin, let stand 2-3 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir sugar and cocoa, add to saucepan
- Bring to a boil on low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add margarine until melted.
- Add remaining 2/3 cup milk and the vanilla and blend well.
- Refrigerate, and stir occasionally until filling begins to set.
- Beat whipping cream stiff and fold carefully into chocolate mixture.
- Spoon mixture into cooked pie shell (1/2 flaky crust recipe).
- Garnish with chocolate curls or sprinkles.
- “ Bon Bon” style ice cream nuggets
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- chocolate chips, melted
- 1 container whipped topping
- 1 “ready-made” chocolate pie crust
- Line bottom of crust with ice cream nuggets.
- Mix pudding with milk and peppermint extract.
- Pour pudding mixture over ice cream nuggets.
- Freeze 4-5 hours.
- Serve with whipped topping
- Keep Frozen
- 1-21 oz package brownie mix, prepared, but not baked
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1/2 cup nuts to prepared brownie mix.
- Pour mixture into 2 pie shells (flaky crust recipe).
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees.