Banana Split Pie
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 3/4 cup chocolate ice cream topping
- 4 cups sliced banana
- 1-1.75-quart container softened vanilla ice cream
- 1-18 oz jar strawberry sundae topping
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 5 tbsp. chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 16 maraschino cherries
- Combine margarine and crumbs until moist.
- Press into bottom and sides of springform pan
- Spread ½ chocolate syrup evenly over crust
- Cover syrup with banana
- Spread ice cream over banana
- Cover and freeze about 2 hours until firm
- Cover with strawberry topping, freeze 1 hour
- Let stand 5 minutes at room temperature before serving
- Garnish with syrups and a cherry
Vanilla Pudding Cream Pie
- 3 bananas
- 2 c. milk
- 2 (3 1/2 oz. each) pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (16 oz.) carton sour cream
- 1 baked and cooled 9 inch pie shell
- Cover bottom of baked pie shell (“1/2 flaky Crust Recipe”) with 3 sliced bananas.
- Beat milk, pudding and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into shell over bananas.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Top with “Classic Meringue”.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serves 4 – 5 persons
Classic Banana Cream Pie
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour or 3 Tbs cornstarch (I use the cornstarch)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan.
- Add milk gradually, and over medium heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly.
- Cook and stir additional 2 minutes remove from heat.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into yolks, then add all egg yolk mixture to hot mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Slice 3-4 bananas into the cooled baked pastry shell.
- Pour pudding mixture over bananas.
- Top with “classic meringue”.