- 3 large pieces of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 navel oranges, (with rinds), chopped
- 3 cups of crush cranberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of apple cider
- Simmer the sugar in the cider until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the oranges, cranberries and ginger.
- Simmer the ingredients on medium low for 15 minutes.
- Ladle the relish into jars and close a lid over top.
- Seal the jars by steeping them in 210-degree water for 20 minutes.
Carrot and Onion Relish
- 10 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 5 onions, peeled and shredded
- 4 tsp of sea salt
- 2 tsp of celery seed
- 3 cups of vinegar
- 2 cups of sugar
- Mix the onions and carrots in a bowl with the salt and let stand for 10 hours.
- Drain and rinse.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the vegetables in a pan.
- Simmer on medium high for 12 minutes.
- Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Scoop the relish into jars and lid them.
- Seal the jars by steeping them for 25 minutes in 210-degree water.