- 27 ears of fresh yellow corn, husked, washed and cut the kernels off the cob
- 6 1/3 cups of water
- 2 tsp of salt
- Bring the water, salt and corn to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for another 4 minutes.
- Strain the corn and set it aside.
- Add the juice back to the pan and bring it, again, to a boil.
- Add the corn to small jars and ladle the hot juice into the jars, covering the corn.
- Steep the jars in 250-degree water baths for 10 minutes to seal them.
- 6 1/2 pounds of beats, trimmed and cleaned
- 1 1/2 tbsp of salt
- Boiling water
- Boil the beats in water and salt for 15 minutes.
- Remove them, peel off there skins and add the nude beets to a jar.
- Throw away the water.
- Boil new water and add 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Add the beets into small jars and pour the hot salt water over top them.
- Close the lids.
- Steep the jars in 250-degree water baths for 25 minutes to seal them.