Bell Pepper Relish
- 5 red bell peppers, chopped small
- 3 green bell peppers, chopped small
- 2 yellow bell peppers, chopped small
- 2 1/2 onions, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 1/4 cups of cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp of sea salt
- Place the peppers in a bowl and cover them with boiling water.
- Let them stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain and repeat the process.
- Drain the vegetables and leave them in the sieve for 2 hours.
- Bring the remaining ingredients to a light simmer.
- Stir them until the sugar dissolves and bring to a boil.
- Add the peppers and onions.
- Simmer for 17 minutes.
- Add the vegetables and syrup into canning jars.
- Steep the jars in 200-degree water for 15 minutes to seal them.
Hot Pepper Relish
- 25-30 hot peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 cups of cider vinegar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 tbsp of salt
- olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cover the mix with wax paper and place a heavy object on top to press the peppers.
- Let stand for 1 day.
- Add the pressed mixture to small jars and fill with olive oil.