- 5 1/2 cups of small beets, trimmed and cleaned, boiled and peeled
- 2 3/4 cups of red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tsp of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of distilled water
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 1 stick of cinnamon, halved
- 1 tsp of allspice
- Steep the freshly boiled beets in a boil of ice water for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients in a pan and bring the ingredients to a simmer, stirring the sugar until it is completely dissolved.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add the beats.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the beats and syrup to canning jars.
- Steep the jars in 200 degree water for 35 minutes to seal them.
- 5 quarts of cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3 1/3 cups of white wine vinegar
- 1 cup of distilled water
- 10 ice cubes
- 1 tsp of mustard seed
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- Place the florets in a bowl and sprinkle them with the salt.
- Add the ice cubes and let stand for 3 hours.
- Drain and rinse them.
- Bring the remaining ingredients to a simmer, dissolving the sugar.
- Bring the mix to a boil.
- Add the florets and reduce the heat, simmering for 6 minutes.
- Add the florets and syrup into canning jars.
- Steep the jars in 200-degree water for 30 minutes to seal them.