Zucchini adds low-calorie bulk and flavor to this lasagna.
- 1/2 pound cooked lasagna noodles (in unsalted water)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, part-skim, grated
- 1 1/2 cup cottage cheese, fat-free
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese,
- grated 1 1/2 cup zucchini, raw, sliced
- 2 1/2 cup tomato sauce, no salt added
- 2 tsp basil, dried
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 cup onion,
- chopped 1 clove Garlic
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Yield: 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray. In a small bowl, combine 1/8 cup mozzarella and 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese with all of the cottage cheese.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Combine tomato sauce with remaining ingredients.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Add a third of the noodles in a single layer.
- Spread half of the cottage cheese mixture on top.
- Add a layer of zucchini.
- Repeat layering.
- Add a thin coating of sauce.
- Top with noodles, sauce, and reserved cheese mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes. Cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cut into 6 portions.
|Nutrition at a glance
Each Serving Provides:
|amount per serving
Source: NHLBI/NIH. Stay Young at Heart recipes.