Tuna Pasta Salad
- 2 cups macaroni, uncooked
- 2 6-1/2 oz cans tuna, canned,
- water-packed 1/2 cup zucchini,
- chopped 1/4 cup carrots, sliced 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup salad dressing, mayonnaise type
Yield: 4 servings--Serving size: 1-1/2 cups
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain macaroni.
- Drain tuna.
- Wash vegetables.
- Chop zucchini; slice carrots into thin slices; dice onions.
- Mix macaroni, tuna, and vegetables together in mixing bowl.
- Stir in salad dressing.
- Chill until ready to serve.
|Nutrition at a glance
Each Serving Provides:
|amount per serving
Source: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Recipes and Tips for Healthy, Thrifty Meals.
- 7 oz. uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1/3 c. fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- 8 oz. fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ c. chopped green bell pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- 14-15 oz. stewed tomatoes
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. Splenda
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ c. reduced-fat or no-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Toss spaghetti noodles with Parmesan cheese, egg whites and margarine.
- Place into lightly-greased 8 x 8 in. baking dish.
- Layer cottage cheese over spaghetti mixture.
- Brown ground beef and next two ingredients in nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Drain and pat with paper towels to remove excess grease.
- Add stewed tomatoes and next three ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat until hot.
- Spoon over cottage cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and serve.
Makes 6 servings.